09 November 2009

Pursuit 004

Unable to get out to set up the blind until today I quickly ran out to finish the search for an ideal spot for the blind. Unfortunately, I was in a bind for time since it was now noon, and I had to pick up my son from school at quarter till three.

As I reached the creek I noticed many new deer tracks along the creek. Were they now using the creek more since it was getting closer to winter? I decided to just pick up my blind and chair and continue searching the ridge for a spot to over-look both creeks…and if I didn’t find anything, I’d just pitch the blind across the creek from where I found the tracks. And, as it turned out, that’s exactly what happened.

After clumsily fettering with the blind and getting it set up, I sprayed it and the chair down with scent eliminator, tossed some leaves and small branches on top and ran out of the woods to pick up my son…leaving the blind to air out until opening day.

No comments:

Post a Comment